Harlem
By: Langston Hughes
What happens to a dream deferred?
Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore—
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over—
like a syrupy sweet?
Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.
Or does it explode?
Poem courtesy of Poets.org
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Post #93 - Don't Test God
Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple, and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For...
-
God sees all and He knows all. There's nothing we can hide from Him. Nothing we can stow away and keep secret. So, why don't we tel...
-
It has now been almost a month since I have consistently written for this blog. I have explained in a previous post the reasons for my incon...
-
I have told you many times, and I try to impress upon you, the truth that we will endure trials in this life. We cannot escape them. There...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Read anything you liked (or disliked)? Leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you!! -Erika!
If you are having trouble posting your comment here, please email it to me at experiencelifewitherika@gmail.com. I will respond and ensure it is posted. I apologize for any inconvenience and I THANK YOU for your support!